- Postdoctoral research in The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK, China, Aug. 2014 - present,
Project: A Unified Machine Learning Framework for Classifier Design with Applications to Cancer Diagnosis.
- Develop biologically-interpretable approaches for protein subcellular localization prediction.
- Detect protein complexes in protein-protein interaction datasets.
- Integrate sequence-based and network-based approaches into interactomes to unravel the mechanisms of biological systems.
Project: Clinical Proteomic Tumor Analysis Consortium (CPTAC).
- Construct customized sample-specific protein sequence databases.
- Research on proteogenomic integration using customized protein sequence databases derived from TCGA genomic data.
- Apply protein subcellular localization prediction methods in ovarian cancer sample post-translational modification (PTM) study.
Project: Fusion of Functional Site Detection and Kernel Discriminant Analysis for Biological Sequence Classification.
- Research on biological feature extraction and dimension-reduction approaches.
- Discover Gene-Ontology based semantic similarity and hierarchical-structure information and apply them into protein subcellular localization prediction.
- Improve multi-label classifiers to adapt to our multi-location protein subcellular localization problems.
Project: Discriminative Models for Biological Sequence Labeling and Segmentation.
- Predict protein subcellular localization.
- Extract Gene Ontology information and its application in sequence analysis and function prediction.
- Design classifiers for computational biology.
- Undergraduate research in Wuhan University, China, Jan. 2010 – Jun. 2010,
Project: Design and Simulation of Variable-Rate CDMA-based MAC Protocol.
- Research on communication of underwater acoustic sensor networks.
- Design protocols for low-noise variable-rate underwater communication.
- Undergraduate research in Wuhan University, China, Mar. 2009 – Jan. 2010,
Project: Continuous Data Flow Transmission within Speech Signals.
- Develop digital watermarking technology for hidden communication.
- Research on speech signal processing for lossless information transmission.