I am joining the Department of Mechanical and Aerospce Engineering at the University of California, San Diego as an Assistant Proferssor. For my research group I am looking to recruit up to two graduate research assistants (who are intending pursue PhD) with a potential start date of September 2018 or January 2019. There are several research topics available in the areas of flame-dynamics and droplet-dynamics.
Interested candidates who are completing (or have completed) Bachelors or Masters Degrees in Mechanical Eng./Aerospace Eng./related areas, please contact me at email@example.com with a CV and name and contact information of three references. The candidates are expected to have keen interest in pursuing research in thermal-fluid science and should have a good grasp on the fundamental courses.
For details please visit my new website.
I am an Associate Research Scholar at Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in Princeton University. My primary research interests are (1) Dynamics of liquid droplets and jets and (2) Propagation and ignition of laminar and turbulent flames.
- Droplets and Jets: Collisions, breakup, coalescence and evaporation
- Flame Dynamics: Turbulent premixed flames, flame-front instabilities
- Acoustically Levitated Droplets: Flow structure, preferential agglomeration of suspended particles, instabilities
- Spray Pyrolysis: Thermal Sprays, in-flight chemical transformation of precursor droplets, final microstructure of precipitates
- Optical Diagnostics: Interferometry, Particle Image Velocimetry, Laser Induced Fluorescence, Mie Scattering, Shadowgraph, Particle Tracking, Phase Doppler Anemometry, Infrared Imaging, High Speed Imaging