My research interests include:
- Convex relaxations for NP-hard problems (including sum of squares techniques)
- Polynomial optimization
- Semidefinite programming, in particular improving scalability
- Applications of optimization to social sciences.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the School of Engineering and Applied Science Award for excellence.
- Selected to attend the Young Researchers Workshop organized by Cornell University in October 2017
- Selected to attend the EE/CS Rising Stars Workshop at Stanford University in November 2017
- Recipient of the 2016 Best Student Paper Award for the INFORMS Computing Society for my paper "DC Decompositions of Nonconvex Polynomials using Algebraic Techniques".
- Gordon Wu Fellow (September 2012-May 2016)
- Co-organized (with Amir Ali) a workshop on solving large scale SDPs for controls, robotics and machine learning for CDC 2016. Details about this full-day workshop can be found here.
- Student delegate for the organization of the Princeton Optimization Seminar.
- Co-supervised the senior theses of Mihaela Curmei ('17), Ellie McDonald ('17), and Salena Hess ('16).