My approach to research and policy builds on my broad exposure to different legal experiences from working for an advocacy organization, corporate law firms, and civil prosecutor's office. I outline some of issues I worked on below to give students a sense of the different perspectives I can share with them.
New York Attorney General's Bureau of Internet & Technology (2016-2019)
- Lead trial counsel in the investigation & litigation involving broadband providers for representations about internet speeds and content delivery
- Investigations of ticket resellers using bots
- Cybersecurity investigations
- Competition issues related to tech platforms and service providers
Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP (2010-2015)
- Represented the largest rating agency in significant SEC, DOJ, States and civil litigation stemming from the financial crisis
- Represented banks and individuals in financial investigations
- Represented a journalist in a First Amendment case protecting his anonymous source
Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP (2006-2010)
- Represented a major credit card company in a civil antitrust investigation and class action litigation
- Represented a reinsurance company in a trial
- Worked to secure antitrust clearances for significant mergers & acquisitions
Electronic Privacy Information Center (2001-2003)
Civil Liberties & National Security
- No Fly Lists. Representative articles where I am quoted here, here and here. Public comments here.
- National IDs. Representative article where I am quoted here.
- Cybersecurity. Public comment here.
- Total Information Awareness. Representative articles where I am quoted here and here.
- Facial Recognition. Represenative articles where I am quoted here and here.
- Free Expression