Synaptic plasticity and neuronal function
- G.J. Augustine, E.A. Finch, and S.S.-H. Wang (1998): The spatial range of dendritic signals for cerebellar long-term depression: studies with local photolysis of caged compounds. In Integrative aspects of Ca2+ signalling. (Ed. A. Verkhratsky and E.C. Toescu). Plenum Press.
- DeBello, W.M., V. O'Connor, T. Dresbach, S.W. Whiteheart, S.S.-H. Wang, F.E. Schweizer, H. Betz, J.E. Rothman and G.J. Augustine (1995): SNAP-mediated protein-protein interactions essential for neurotransmitter release. Nature, 373:626-630. [PDF] [Link to journal] [PubMed] [PDF] [Link to journal] [PubMed]
- G.J. Augustine, H. Betz, K. Bommert, M.P. Charlton, W.M. DeBello, T. Dresbach, J.M. Hunt, V. O’Connor, F.E. Schweizer, S.S.-H. Wang, and S.W. Whiteheart (1996): Molecular mechanisms of neurotransmitter secretion: functional studies at the squid giant synapse. In Basic neuroscience in invertebrates. (Ed. H. Koike, Y. Kidokoro, K. Takahashi, T. Kanaseki) Japan Scientific Societies Press.
- M.E. Burns, S.A. Beushausen, G.J. Chin, D. Tang, W.M. DeBello, T. Dresbach, V. O'Connor, F.E. Schweizer, S.S.-H. Wang, S.W. Whiteheart, H. Betz, J.E. Rothman, and G.J. Augustine (1995): Proteins involved in synaptic vesicle docking and fusion.Cold Spring Harb. Symp. Quant. Biol. 60:337-348.
Optical and other methods
- T. Furuta, S.S.-H. Wang, J.L. Dantzker, T.M. Dore, W.J. Bybee, E.M. Callaway, W. Denk and R.Y. Tsien (1999): Brominated 7-hydroxycoumarin-4-ylmethyls: novel photolabile protecting groups with biologically useful cross-sections for two photon photolysis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 96(4):1193-1200.
- G.J. Augustine, D.L. Pettit, and S.S.-H. Wang (1999): Spatially resolved flash photolysis via chemical two-photon uncaging. In Imaging: a laboratory manual. (Eds. R. Yuste, F. Lanni, A. Konnerth) Cold Spring Harbor Press.
- D.L. Pettit*, S.S.-H. Wang*, K.R. Gee and G.J. Augustine (1997): Chemical two-photon uncaging: a novel approach to mapping glutamate receptors. Neuron, 19:465-471.
- S.S.-H. Wang and G.J. Augustine (1995): Confocal imaging and local photolysis of caged compounds: dual probes of synaptic function. Neuron, 15:755-760. [PDF] [PubMed]
- S.S.-H. Wang, C.A. Mathes, and S.H. Thompson (1993): Membrane toxicity of the protein kinase C inhibitor calphostin A by a free-radical mechanism. Neuroscience Letters, 157:25-28. (published in error a second time as 156:145–148) [PDF] [Link to journal] [PubMed]
- S.S.-H. Wang and S. Thompson (1992): A-type potassium channel clusters revealed using a new statistical analysis of loose patch data. Biophysical Journal, 63:1018-1025. [PDF] [Link to journal]
IP3, calcium signaling, and intracellular calcium wave propagation
- S.S.-H. Wang and G.J. Augustine (1999): Calcium signaling in neurons: a case study in cellular compartmentalization. In Calcium as a cellular regulator. (Ed. E. Carafoli and C.B. Klee) Oxford University Press, pp. 545-566.
- R. Kupferman, P.P. Mitra, P.C. Hohenberg and S.S.-H. Wang (1997): Analytical calculation of intracellular calcium wave characteristics. Biophysical Journal, 72:2430-2444. [PDF] [Link to journal] [PubMed]
- S.S.-H. Wang and S.H. Thompson (1995): Local positive feedback by calcium in the propagation of intracellular calcium waves. Biophysical Journal, 69:1683-1697. [PDF] [Link to journal] [PubMed]
- S.S.-H. Wang, A.A. Alousi and S.H. Thompson (1995): The lifetime of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate in single cells. Journal of General Physiology,105:149-171. [PDF] [PubMed]
- S.S.-H. Wang and S.H. Thompson (1994): Measurement of changes in muscarinic and histaminergic receptor density in single neuroblastoma cells using calcium release desensitization. Cell Calcium, 15:483-496. [PDF] [PubMed]
- S.S.-H. Wang (1993): Modeling the apparent diffusion constant of calcium ions emanating from a channel: implications for calcium wave propagation. Biological Bulletin, 185:297-298. [PDF]
- C.A. Mathes, S.S.-H. Wang, H.M. Vargas, and S.H. Thompson (1992): Intracellular calcium release in N1E-115 neuroblastoma cells is mediated by the M1 muscarinic receptor subtype and is antagonized by McN-A-343. Brain Research, 585:307-310. [PDF] [Link to journal] [PubMed]
- A.E. Schivell, S.S.-H. Wang, and S.H. Thompson (1997): Behavioral modes arise from a random process in the nudibranch Melibe. Biological Bulletin, 192(3):418-425. [PDF] [Link to journal]
- S.J. Peroutka, A. Hamik, M.A. Harrington, C.A. Mathis, P.A. Pierce, and S.S.-H. Wang (1988): R-2,5-dimethoxy-4-77bromoamphetamine [77R(–)DOB] labels a novel 5-hy-droxytryptamine binding site in brain membranes. Molecular Pharmacology, 34:537-542. [PDF] [Link to journal] [PubMed]
- S.S.-H. Wang, C.A. Mathis, and S.J. Peroutka (1988): R-2,5-Dimethoxy-4-77bromoamphetamine (77Br-R(–) DOB): a novel radioligand which labels a 5-HT binding site subtype. Psychopharmacology, 94:431-432. [PDF1] [PDF2] [PubMed]
- S.S.-H. Wang, G.A. Ricaurte, and S.J. Peroutka (1987): 3H-3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA; "Ecstasy") interactions with brain membranes and glass fiber filter paper. European Journal of Pharmacology 138:439-443. [PDF] [Link to journal] [PubMed]
- S.S. Wang and S.J. Peroutka (1989): Historical perspectives. In The Serotonin Receptors. (Ed. E. Sanders-Bush). Humana Press, pp. 3-20.