I'm a postdoctoral research associate in the Program in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences of Princeton University and a visiting scientist in Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL). The research topics that I am working on are: Improving the numerical schemes and parameterizations of GFDL land model LM3 and Earth system model ESM2.1 in describing human water-related activities, namely the groundwater pumping, the river water diversion, the surface-water reservoir, the irrigation and other types of water applications; calibrating and validating the improved models with station observations, remote sensing datasets and outputs from other models; conducting numerical experiments to investigate scientific questions revealing the relationships between anthropogenic water use and climate change.
During my Ph.D. period in Institute of Atmospheric Physics of Chinese Academy of Sciences, I applied and developed the NCAR Earth system model and Community Land Model to make it accountable for studying the climatic and ecohydrological responses to global anthropogenic water regulation and groundwater lateral flow. I also did some researches related to climate change, land-atmosphere interaction, land use/cover change, crop modeling and ensemble simulations about CMIP5.
- Climatic and Ecohydrological Responses to Anthropogenic Activities
- Earth System Model and Land Surface Model Development
- Water Resources Management
- Groundwater Flow
- Interactions between Hydrological and Ecological Systems
- Land-Atmosphere Interaction
- 2017.9 – Present: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Program, Princeton University, USA
- 2017.9 – Present: Visiting Research Scientist, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, USA
- 2012.9 – 2017.6: Graduate Research Assistant, Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- 2012.9 – 2017.6: Ph.D. in Meteorology, Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- 2008.9 - 2012.6: Bachelor in Atmospheric Physics, School of Atmospheric Sciences, Nanjing University, China